2 sticks butter, room temperature
½ cup tahini
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
½ cup honey
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1.5 cups of dark chocolate chunks
Flake salt, for garnish
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 2-3 minutes until it is nice and fluffy. Then add tahini, brown sugar, and white sugar. Continue to whip for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add egg, honey, and vanilla extract and continue to whip until fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour and then add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together for about 30 seconds and then add to the stand mixer.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop (or roughly 2-3 rounded tbsps), spoon cookie dough onto a baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with flake salt. Put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake cookies for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 15 minutes.